Small to medium size companies from the USA have traditionally exhibited in trade fairs as part of a national stand but with the aid of a new program launched recently by the U.S. government, these same companies may now be able to exhibit on their own.
The program is called The State Trade and Export Promotion Program (STEP) http://www.sba.gov/content/state-trade-and-export-promotion-step-fact-sheet
STEP is a three year initiative whose goal is to increase U.S. exports around the globe. Specifically the STEP grants will provide:
- support for small business participation in foreign trade missions and foreign market sales trips;
- subscription to services by the Department of Commerce;
- · website translation fees;
- · design of international marketing media;
- · trade show exhibitions;
- · participation in training workshops; and
- · other export initiatives determined to be appropriate by the SBA.
For organizers looking to entice more U.S. based companies this program might provide them with the financial incentive they need to exhibit. Take a close look at your list of prospective exhibitors and if any of them fit the guidelines of the STEP program, pass the information along.