#ChoosetoChallenge is this year’s International Women’s Day (#IWD21) theme. With the global workforce makeup of between 60-70% being women, with a less than representational number being in high level jobs, here’s a list of what we as an industry – and personally – can do going forward:
- Challenge yourself to say thank you more often.
- Challenge your company to hire and promote a more diverse workforce when positions open up.
- Challenge your day-to-day mentality. This time of COVID-19 has forced us out of the rut of doing the same old thing, different day. How can your organisation keep complacency at bay after reopening?
- Challenge your teams to improve the digital experience and live ROI of your stakeholders. It’s been a challenging year, and with the low ROI on digital experiences over the last year for many exhibitors and sponsors, now is the time. (See UFI/Explori’s latest survey).
- If you lost your job because of COVID-19, challenge yourself to be courageous to begin your own company, show, create technology or get the skills you need to win that new job as we slowly reopen.
- Lastly, challenge yourself to stay true to the things you’ve discovered or rediscovered during this last year.
If you’ve missed the session of UFI connects where our panel discussed #EqualityInExhibitions you can now view it here.