Blogger: Stephanie Selesnick, President of International Trade Information, Inc
I attended my first European Seminar #ufibasel last year in Basel, Switzerland and found the education and networking to be excellent. Open to UFI members and non-members, my expectations are high for the two events taking place this February 21-24 in Singapore #ufisingapore for the following reason:
- Singapore – the City-State is world famous for many reasons, among them sustainability in the face of limited natural resources.
- Release of the UFI Case Study on Sustainability showcasing 41 cases from 19 countries. Lots to learn from!
- More case studies from countries, venues and companies in the region committed to greening events.
- UFI programs ample networking time into all of their events. It’s a great chance to meet with 250 of the movers and shakers from Asia and the world.
- The Global Visitor Insights Report (co-authored by UFI and Explori) recommendations on how exhibitions in the region may improve the overall visitor experience. I suspect more than a few gems are applicable to the rest of the world.
- Shopping – Singapore is renowned for its shopping – in traditional malls as well as open markets and boutiques.
- Flirting with disaster in rapidly growing markets, Michael Kruppe from SNIEC will share solutions.
- How online platforms and peer-to-peer marketplaces like AirBnB are changing how business is done around the globe.
- WeChat is the 1 billion active user social media platform most people in the West have never heard of. It has changed how Chinese exhibition marketing and sales are done and disrupted many other industries. This discussion is part of a session focusing on Digital Trends in China.
- Hotels – the 2 headquarters hotels are iconic and amazing. Who doesn’t want to check out (swim in) the famous infinity pool at the Marina Bay Sands or enjoy ultra Chic Pan Pacific?
Leave A Comment